With easy access to restaurants, shops and parks and only 15 minutes from Tacoma, Washington, Gig Harbor offers something for every visitor, including many indoor and outdoor activities. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Tacoma Regional Convention and Visitor Bureau offers links for all of the attractions, entertainment, restaurants and accommodations the city has to offer.
- Kopachuck State Park is large park on the west side of Puget Sound. The park includes Cutts Island, also known as Deadman’s Island, hiking trails, shorelines, picnic shelters and many outdoor activities.
- Seattle’s Convention and Visitors Bureau provides information on all that the city has to offer, including activities, hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- Olympia Visitor and Convention Bureau gives visitors the opportunity to explore all that the city has to offer. The capital of Washington, this city has a number of activities, events, restaurants and accommodations to explore.
- The Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility is famous for making ships throughout World War I. Since World War II, the shipyard has focused on the repair and maintenance ships.